2018 New Inductees

2018 New Inductees
Welcome to PGM Delaware BETA!

Monday, March 4, 2013

Service Projects


I participated in the Susan G Komen 3 Day walk in October 2012. A 3 day 60 mile journey in hopes of finding a cure for breast cancer. My team and I put together a benefit dinner, sold sub tickets, put together a yard sale and many hours of training to raise money for breast cancer. Although we did not walk for anyone person in particular, we decided that we were walking for the "little ladies of the future" so our children hopefully one day can live in a world that is cancer free. The journey was not an easy one at all, it was filled with many emotions. A sense of accomplishment ran through me when I crossed the finish line and knew I walked 60 miles. one of the famous sayings during the 3 day walk is "BLISTERS DON'T NEED CHEMO!!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment